The Network for a Healthy California—LAUSD (Network) is committed to promoting healthier lifestyles for District students. We work toward this goal by sponsoring programs such as Harvest of the Month, offering nutrition education workshops for teachers and parents, and providing nutrition education materials.
Who may apply for an award from the Network?
Schools are eligible to apply for funding in the Network program if they meet the following requirements:
- Fifty percent or more of the school’s student population is eligible to receive free or reduced-price meals.
- The school receives its food from the LAUSD Food Services Division.
- Certificated personnel are willing to coordinate the program at the school site.
- The school is willing to comply with Network and funder guidelines.
- Participating teachers at the school site are committed to teaching a minimum of 35 hours of nutrition education for the school year.